Packing for a bicycle tour is one thing. Preparing your body and mind for life on the road is another.
This past Thursday, the Adventure Cycling Association published an article I wrote about how to prepare for a long-distance bicycle tour.
In the article I talk about 5 easy things you can do to prepare your body and your mind for life on the road.
Here’s a quick breakdown of the points I make inside my Adventure Cycling guest post:
- Get In Shape — Ride Your Bike
- Become A Strongman — Add Some Weight
- Understand Your Gear — Practice Packing Your Panniers/Trailer
- Know What It’s Like — Live Off Your Bike
- Toughen Up — Sleep On The Ground
To read the full article on the Adventure Cycling web blog, just click here.