Why would anyone want to go bicycle touring in the first place? What are the benefits of traveling by bike?
Bicycle touring is a unique activity because it attracts people from all walks of life. You can be rich or poor, young or old, a man or a woman, an experienced cyclist or a first-time bike rider… and you can enjoy the benefits of bicycle touring. You can chose to ride just a few miles/kilometers per day or cycle hundreds of miles/kilometers. You can choose to sleep in a fancy hotel each night or you can sleep for free in your tent in the middle of the woods. And you can travel alone, with friends, or in a large group. There are so many different ways to go about it!
As for why people choose to go bicycle touring in the first place, people go bicycle touring because they want to…
- Do something new
- Experience places they’ve never been to before
- Learn about new parts of the world
- Try new foods
- Meet new people
- Make new friends
- Have time to themselves
- Challenge their way of thinking
- Find out new ways of doing things, seeing the world and/or approaching life.
- Get into nature
- Share a unique experience with their traveling partner(s)
- Accomplish something physically and mentally challenging
- Get physically fit, lose weight, tone muscles, train for a larger bike ride or race.
- Recoup and rethink their lives
- Plus, a whole lot more!
There are so many wonderful reasons to go bicycle touring. But each individual is different. What motivates one person to go bicycle touring will be different for the next person. And that’s one of the many great things about bicycle touring – there are so many different ways to go about it.
Are you ready to conduct your own bicycle touring adventures? Be sure to read, “The Bicycle Touring Blueprint” – my best-selling book filled with all of my best tips and tricks for conducting the bike tour of your dreams!