Summer is over, fall is here and winter is on its way. You want to continue cycling through the cold, dark months ahead, but you have some questions:
- Do you need a special bicycle built for winter road conditions?
- How are you going to stay warm while on your bike?
- Will you need to purchase studded snow tires?
- What kind of clothes should you be wearing?
- Which fabrics are best for winter weather conditions?
- How can you be sure that motorists will see you?
- Which type of pedal system and shoes are best for winter cycling?
- How do you know you’re not going to lose a finger or toe when the weather gets too cold?
- What is the safest way to ride in the rain and snow?
- How do you prevent yourself from crashing?
- Is it possible to conduct a long-distance bicycle tour during the winter months?
- How do you protect your bicycle from corrosive salt, gravel and sand?
- How can you carry a snowboard or set of skis on your bike?
- Is there any way to continue cycling during the winter months if you don’t want to cycle in the cold, rain, ice, or snow?
- And what happens if you get caught in a giant winter storm?
Whatever questions you might have about riding your bicycle in the wintertime, the information in this book will not only help you stay warm, arrive home safely and weather even the worst possible conditions, but will keep you smiling all winter long.