BIKE CAMP COOK is a 273-page how-to guide and cookbook for traveling cyclists wishing to make delicious and nutritious meals while on their cycling adventures. This colorful guide to camp-cooking will teach you everything you need to know to shop for, carry and prepare delicious meals on your next bicycle touring adventure.
Bike Camp Cook
Buying, cooking and eating delicious foods while traveling the world on a bicycle doesn’t have to be a painful or difficult task. In fact, cooking delicious meals with local foods found along your travels can be both easy and downright enjoyable!
In her delightfully photographed and well-written bicycle touring cookbook, “Bike Camp Cook,” Tara Alan shares her food and camp cooking secrets in a fast, fun and entertaining manner.
In the first part of BIKE CAMP COOK, you will learn:
- What kind of camp stove is recommended for bike travel.
- What types of cooking gear and utensils are needed.
- How to pack your cooking equipment on your bicycle.
- Which staple food ingredients you should be carrying at all times.
- How to pack and prepare a spice bag.
- How to shop for delicious foods (both close to home and in foreign countries).
- How to carry extra water and determine how much water you need.
- How to cut, cook, and prepare specific food items (such as mangoes and tomatoes).
- How to clean your camp stove, pot, plates, and other eating utensils.
- Plus, a whole lot more!
Then, in the second part of the book, you’ll be given about 50 different breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert recipes that you can follow to quickly and easily prepare your own delicious meals while traveling the world by bike.
Life is an adventure when you learn to bike, camp and cook!
Out of stock