Join the Bicycle Touring Pro in June, 2019 for the week-long BIKE VIRGINIA cycling tour across the scenic Shenandoah Valley. Click here for details on how you can join this 3 or 6-day cycling event! 🚴
The 32nd annual BIKE VIRGINIA tour is taking place between the 21st and 26th of June, 2019… and I think you should seriously consider joining the tour!
What is Bike Virginia?
In case you don’t know, BIKE VIRGINIA is a massive, week-long cycling event that takes place every year in the US state of Virginia. During the course of this one week, more than 1,500 people from all around the world gather together to conduct a series of memorable bike rides across the state. Click here to learn more about the tour…
Each year, the BIKE VIRGINIA tour moves to a different part of the state and hosts a series of bike rides in that particular area. Last year the tour focused of several epic river rides that cross the state of Virginia. But this year (2019), the tour will be based out of the Shenandoah Valley – a 140 mile stretch of land that is famous for its charming towns 🏠, historic Civil War 🇺🇸 battlefields, spectacular mountain vistas 🌲, and exceptional cycling 🚲 opportunities.
You Can Cycle Across Virginia!
This is a bike tour that almost anyone can participate in:
- Each day of the tour there will be several different 🚴🏼♀️ bike rides to choose from. Shorter bike rides for beginners; longer 90+ mile bike rides for those wanting to push themselves and see everything there is to see in the Shenandoah Valley; and medium-length bike rides for those who want to enjoy every moment of their Virginia bicycle touring experience.
- In addition to that, you can choose to join the bike tour for 1 day, 3 days, or the entire 6-day event. This means that you can work the BIKE VIRGINIA tour into your personal 🗓️ calendar. If you can only make it out for a single day of the bike ride, that’s okay; If you want to come out for the weekend, that’s great too!; And if you have the time, I’d encourage you to sign up for the entire 6-day bike tour. (PS – That’s what I’ll be doing. I’m going to be there for all six days of the 2019 BIKE VIRGINIA tour.)
- This is a bike tour you can do alone… or with someone you love. 👫 If you have a friend, family member, co-worker or loved one who would enjoy participating in a cycling event such as this, you should bring them along! This is going to be a large, social cycling experience… and the more people in attendance, the more fun it will be. Even if you want to attend the event yourself, but your husband or wife doesn’t want to join in the cycling experience, it is possible to participate in the BIKE VIRGINIA tour without actually doing any cycling at all. Deep discounts are available for non-riders!
- Finally, because this is a camping-based bicycle tour (where all 1,500 people will be camping in a big field on each night of the tour), the cost 💵 for the BIKE VIRGINIA tour is extremely low. In fact, this is one of the most affordable bike tours I have ever participated in .
High-Value & Low Price
When you sign up for the BIKE VIRGINIA tour, you get a whole lot more than just a few days of incredible cycling in the state of Virginia. You also get:
- Marked cycling routes using up to 200 eye level, brightly colored directional signs per day. No cue sheets or GPS needed (although GPS route files are available for download if you want to bring your own GPS).
- Up to 10 comfort station “rest stops” (every 20–25 miles) found in interesting places on the way. Comfort station “rest stops” serve tasty treats, electrolyte drinks and fresh fruit.
- Support and gear (SAG) trucks 🚚 offering assistance for emergencies during riding hours.
- 150–200 staff and volunteers to support you. The rider-to-volunteer ratio is typically 8-to-1… so you’ll be well taken care of.
- Mobile phone app which contains event schedule, social connection opportunities, and route information.
- Tent camping ⛺ at the park-setting headquarters is included with registration. However, you may choose to stay in one of the official tour 🏨 hotels.
- Family-friendly activities are included – such as family camping area, family yoga, kids’ course, family-friendly routes and more!
- Showers 🚿 and rest rooms 💩 available at the camping area (including some indoors).
- On-site vendors, massage therapists and bike repair (additional costs apply).
- Charging stations for all your 📱 electronics.
- You can bring your car to and park at headquarters! (Access anytime day or night.)
- On-site beer and wine sales featuring local selections.
- Daily and nightly activities will take place at Headquarters or nearby locations. Look for shopping, outdoor recreation, concerts, live music, movies, and other similar activities.
- FREE Ride in style! Commemorative Tour T-Shirt included with 3-DAY and 6-DAY WEEKEND if you register on or before March 31st, 2019 (that’s a $30 value!)
I think you can see, this is going to be an incredible week of bicycle touring in Virginia… and I can’t wait for the adventure to begin!
Just a Little Backstory…
In 2003 I spent the summer cycling from North Carolina to Maine – up the east coast of the United States. It was a fantastic bicycle touring experience, and of all the different states I crossed through on that bike tour that year, Virginia was the state that stood out the most in my mind. The people, the places and the general vibe I got from Virginia has stuck with me for more than a decade now… and I can’t wait to return to the state in June of 2019 for the BIKE VIRGINIA cycling tour.
I’ve only been to Virginia once, but from what I have seen and experienced there, it’s an incredible place to go bicycle touring… and I hope you’ll consider joining me in June of 2019 for the BIKE VIRGINIA tour.
To learn more about BIKE VIRGINIA, register for the tour and secure your spot on this memorable cycling excursion, simply visit the website at: www.bikevirginia.org
IMPORTANT NOTE: I am not leading the BIKE VIRGINIA tour… but I will be participating in the tour this year (2019). If you want to meet me (Darren Alff – the Bicycle Touring Pro), cycle with me, or connect with other Bicycle Touring Pro readers, this would be a great opportunity for you to do those things!
BIKE VIRGINIA has, however, invited me to be there at the event to take photos and shoot video (like I always do) for the Bicycle Touring Pro website and YouTube channel. In addition to the photo and video work that I’ll be doing, I will also be writing a detailed review of the bike tour after it is over and I look forward to sharing my honest thoughts and opinion on this unique cycling experience with you at some point in the near future.
Stay tuned… and I look forward to cycling with you in Virginia this coming June!