I spent the first fourteen days of September, 2009 in the city of Athens, Greece. I rented an apartment, saw the sites, went out with friends I met in the city and finally, after nearly nine months in Europe, I caught a flight back to the United States and returned home. These are my final travel expenses from the month of September 2009.
- Basement Apartment In Athens – 340 Euros ($509.93USD)
- 2 Bus Rides To The Airport – 7 Euros ($10.50 uSD)
- 2 Trips On The Metro – 2 Euros ($3.00 USD)
- 3 Greek Pins – 7.50 Euros ($11.25 USD)
Food & Toiletries
- Groceries & Toiletries – ($19.03 USD)
- Going Out To Eat – 25 Euros ($37.49)
- One-Way Ticket From Athens To Los Angeles – ($847.00 USD)
TOTAL FOR THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER: $1,438.20 USD
0 thoughts on “Flying Home From Greece – How Much Does It Cost?”
Did you fly your bike over or did you purchase one there?
I flew my bicycle in when I landed in Switzerland at the beginning of the year. I spent 9 months slowly riding the bike down to Greece… and then flew the bike home from there.
It was nice trip and I hope that there will be many more trips like this ………, I am from Europe and I did ride fully loaded touring bicycle over there for 12 years. You get me ! After riding here in CDN , USA and Mexico will be not bad idea riding in Europe again , but this time on my modified MTB . I do not have problem change asphalt for nice hard packed roads and trails for about 1/2 year trip . Cheap airfare to Europe is not big deal – some airlines do not garge fee for bicycle . https://www.ibike.org/encouragement/travel/flying.htm