Buying, cooking and eating delicious foods while traveling the world on a bicycle doesn’t have to be a painful or difficult task. In fact, cooking delicious meals with local foods found along your travels can be both easy and downright enjoyable!
In her delightfully photographed and well-written bicycle touring cookbook (BIKE CAMP COOK), Tara Alan, shares her food and camp cooking secrets in a fast, fun and entertaining way.
In the first part of BIKE CAMP COOK, you will learn:
- What kind of camp stove is recommended for bike travel.
- What types of cooking gear and utensils are needed.
- How to pack your cooking equipment on your bicycle.
- Which staple food ingredients you should be carrying at all times.
- How to pack and prepare a spice bag.
- How to shop for delicious foods (both close to home and in foreign countries).
- How to carry extra water and determine how much water you need.
- How to cut, cook, and prepare specific food items (such as mangoes and tomatoes).
- How to clean your camp stove, pot, plates, and other eating utensils.
- Plus, a whole lot more!
Then, in the second part of the book, you’ll be given about 50 different breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert recipes that you can follow to quickly and easily prepare your own delicious meals while traveling the world by bike.
Life is an adventure when you learn to bike, camp and cook! Listen to the author and experienced bike traveler, Tara Alan, discuss the basics of one-burner campground cooking in this new 17-minute audio interview with Darren Alff of Bicycle Touring Pro.
Watch the video above, listen to my interview with Tara Alan, and then click here to grab a copy of BIKE CAMP COOK for yourself. This unique bicycle touring cookbook is available in both digital ebook and printed paperback formats.
Finally, be sure to visit the website at www.goingslowly.com to learn more about Tara Alan, the bike tour she and her boyfriend (Tyler) took from Scotland to Southeast Asia, and see photos from her adventures in the kitchen and all around the world.