Bicycle touring is an activity that almost anyone can do. Young people, old people, poor people, rich people, disabled people, men, women, children, and even people who have never ridden a bicycle before can go bicycle touring! – You can go bicycle touring too!
Since 2007, I have not only been traveling all around the world on my own bicycle touring adventures, but I’ve also been working with people all across the planet to help them plan, prepare for and execute the bicycle tour of their dreams… and I’ve helped thousands of people from all walks of life conduct their very own bicycle touring adventures.
Just look at what some of my readers and supporters have said about Bicycle Touring Pro, The Bicycle Touring Blueprint and the benefits they have received from working with me:
- “Your blog is the motivating factor in my decision to tour. I’ve ridden for several years, but never toured self-contained. With your help I toured solo for 712 miles in 7.5 days, averaging 94 miles per day. I also have 3 other tours planned for next year. Thanks so much for your help.” – Bob Hopkins
- “Bicycle Touring Pro helped my daughter and I prepare for a 42-day bike tour across the United States and a 6-week bike tour in New Zealand. We learned that it really wasn’t that difficult if you just take one day at a time.” – Michael Rice
- “I wish you had been around years ago when I started cycling in earnest. I learned much over the years, but the trial and error method is a slow process. Within a month I have ridden 1,400 miles for the year. Thanks again.” – Bernard Parker
- “I don’t think I could ever prepare myself for my trip without your help. Every time I talk to you or go on your website I learn something new. Thanks for everything.” – Brandon Roesler
- “Bicycle Touring Pro showed me the most common mistakes people make on tour, without me having to make those mistakes myself while on the road. I’m really grateful there’s something like this site for people like me. Without it, I know my trip wouldn’t have gone as well as it did.” – Spencer Holmes
In the summer of 2015, I went to Norway with my high school friend, Eric.
Eric is not a cyclist… and he had never been on a multi-day bicycle touring adventure. So, I knew that taking him on a bike tour in Norway was not going to be easy for him. But I also knew that he was going to love the experience once he got over the initial discomfort that comes with riding a bicycle for days on end.
Eric will admit that he was terribly out of shape at the beginning of his bike tour in Norway… and he will also admit that he did zero physical training before jumping on an airplane and traveling half-way around the world to join me on an epic 10-day cycling adventure.
So, as you can guess, Eric’s first several days on the bike were pretty painful. Watch the video from our bike tour together and you can see that!
But if you continue watching the video until the very end, you will see how Eric absolutely transforms over the course of our bicycle touring adventure together.
The first several days on the road, I was worried that Eric might not survive our time together. But by the end of the bike tour, Eric was absolutely flying… and was occasionally leaving me in the dust!
This is what I love about being the Bicycle Touring Pro!
I love seeing someone who has almost no cycling experience whatsoever try something new, go someplace totally unfamiliar, struggle at the beginning, overcome every challenge they come up across, and then finish strong!
My friend Eric did exactly that during our bike tour together in Norway… and it’s something you can do as well, if you’ll only give bicycle touring a try!
Bicycle touring (or bikepacking) is truly a life-changing experience!
If you’ve through about conducting a multi-day bike trip, but have yet to pull the trigger and try it for yourself… I highly encourage you to go for it!
Traveling by bike (whether it be for 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months or 2 years) is a truly rewarding experience… and it’s something that has not only changed my life, but changed the lives of thousands of people all around the world.
If you’re new to bicycle touring and wanted to get started right away, I recommend you read this book (The Bicycle Touring Blueprint) and then use the information in this text to start planning and preparing for your own bike tours anywhere in the world.
The Bicycle Touring Blueprint will give you all the information you need to get started… will tell you how to avoid the mistakes so many first time bicycle travelers make when they are first starting out… and will help to ensure your trip by bike is a complete and utter success!
You can go bicycle touring, regardless of your skills or experience.
If Eric can do it… so can you!
Pick up a copy of The Bicycle Touring Blueprint today… and start planning your own epic bicycle touring adventures!
I look forward to seeing you out on the road very soon!