For the past 254 days I’ve been traveling with my bike through Europe. I flew into Switzerland on December 31, 2008 and I’ll fly home tomorrow (September 10, 2009) from Athens, Greece.
It’s impossible to sum up nearly 9 months of travel and 16 different countries in just a few minutes, but I wanted to take a moment and share with you some of my thoughts on the way I’ve been traveling this year and the lessons I’ve learned along the way.
In the video below I discuss:
- How a negative situation turned into a positive one (and I was able to extend my travels by an extra 4 months)
- What I think about traveling in the winter versus traveling in the summer (Which one is better?)
- How I traveled on this trip and why it was unlike any of my previous travels
- What I would do differently if I could do this trip all over again
- The REAL reason I’m returning to the United States (No, I didn’t run out of money.)
- Plus, my plans for the future of Bicycle Touring Pro
To hear me sum up my 9th and longest bicycle tour to date, just click play on the video below: